JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
This position ensures corporate compliance with trade laws and regulations by driving and participating in both strategic and tactical processes and initiatives to ensure the JuuL Labs Global Trade Compliance Program (GTC) objectives are effectively and efficiently managed. This position supports the JuuL Global Trade Compliance through the development, implementation, and management of authorizations, processes, procedures, and training that supports domestic and international locations.
- Assist to develop, implement, and maintain policies and processes that direct and support import, and export compliance with US and foreign regulations.
- Stay abreast of new, amended, or proposed regulatory activities to determine impact to the GTC and business objectives; implement necessary program modifications and effectively communicate throughout the organization.
- Auditing of Global import/export activity for classification use, value, process accuracy, etc. Support investigations/due diligence activities and help implement corrective action as required.
- Manage Free Trade program qualification activities including review, evaluation, validation, approval, and communication.
- Develop projects to improve global trade operations and/or mitigate compliance risks
- Support third party and government led audits, queries, submissions, disclosures, and reports along with auditing global customs house brokerage operations and develop and/or implement corrective action plan as appropriate.
- Develop training modules and lead employee training efforts in import, and export compliance programs and processes.
- Work with GTC team to design, implement, and manage an effective Export Compliance Program under applicable laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR). This will include Screening Guidelines for OFAC FCPA, and Sanctioned Parties
- Monitor the export technical data, hardware, and services in accordance with company policy and U.S. Government export laws and regulations
- Assist business units with implementing trade compliance requirements into relevant business practices and processes, including developing necessary policy and training
- Drive establishing and maintaining localized policies and procedures for compliance with import and export regulations as well as ensuring broad Company awareness of these requirements.
- Partner with import and export operations as needed to support department or other stakeholders
- Perform special projects or other duties as required
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
BA or BS is required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of trade compliance experience
- Minimum of 7-years of Trade Operations auditing and process development
- Regular interaction and collaboration activities with various organizational functions domestically and globally
- Know how to conduct trade operations within an established ERP.
- Working knowledge and experience in using global import classifications.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or professional degree preferred
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- High ethical and personal integrity standards; honest and trustworthy
- Capacity to accept frequent challenges with extensive and complex scope that confront typical trade compliance programs in multi-national manufacturing companies, and manage these challenges effectively with minimal supervision
- Must have excellent computer skills and demonstrated capability in Microsoft Office suite tools. Must be able to data mine and manipulate data form a variety of data sources that allows JuuL to understand trends and outcomes of compliance activity.
- Skilled command with appropriate level of working knowledge specific to Import tariff Classification, import processes and documentation, duty drawback, trade business operations and free trade regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate and liaise between GTC and internal and external parties
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy-Must be able to properly archive both electronically and within the established JuuL processes
- Ability to manage several projects of varying complexity simultaneously and effectively
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities