JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Director, Commercial Strategy and Planning (US) in Austin, TX. In this role, you will partner with senior leaders across the organization – Sales, Product, Brand, Trade Marketing, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Regulatory, and Legal – to strengthen and grow JUUL’s position in the marketplace.
Working tightly with our SVP of US Commercial, you will lead (and grow) the team responsible for developing and implementing business plans while delivering solutions that drive profitable sales growth in the US. This role is ideal for someone who has experience in cross-functional corporate strategy/planning at an operating company and has spent time in management consulting.
The role’s responsibilities include:
- Driving Commercial efforts supporting customer promotions, product launches, new channel development strategies, and trade marketing/sales operations programs
- Defining implementation priorities and execution plans while managing external/internal customer relationships and influencing strategy and execution
- Structuring strategic plans and analyzing/reporting on business problems and performance, including assessments of risks, benefits, and operational agility
- Advising executives to ensure organizational alignment
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7-10 years of experience in a combination of management consulting and corporate roles
- Experience in the CPG, tech, pharma/biotech, or medical device industries
- Proven history of project leadership and exceptional results in a highly cross-functional, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Functional understanding spanning across the entirety of a corporate enterprise and down through the CPG value chain
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Self-starter that can focus on tactical execution to get the job done
- Consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without always having direct authority while developing strong cross-functional partnerships
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Positivity in the face of ambiguity combined with the the ability to motivate and lead a team of top performers (3-5 reports)
- Confidence-inspiring presence while clearly communicating compelling messages to senior executives – even if challenging the status quo
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- MBA from a top-tier institution preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits