JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and, Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG, and biotech, and were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service, and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At JUUL, Senior Product Managers understand our customers and their needs. We use that understanding to define, develop, launch, and maintain new products. Senior Product Managers at JUUL are collaborative: we work across all functions and seniority levels to formulate and execute product strategy, product definition, implementation priorities, and launch plans. Above all, we are mission driven: we develop comprehensive strategies and relentless execution plans that are aligned with our vision of eliminating combustible cigarettes.
We are seeking to design and develop packaging systems that are as innovative as our products, as often times, packaging is the first direct touch-point in a consumer’s switching journey.
- Data driven decision-making: Gather insights to inform product decisions wherever possible. When insights aren’t readily available, develop new methods and tools to attain them.
- Markets & customers: Understand the value our product brings to our diverse customer base in the global marketplace.
- Product strategy: Ensure that we have a comprehensive packaging product strategy for achieving JUULs vision and operating plan. Expertise in defining requirements for primary and secondary packaging structures with a focus on the user experience of interacting with the package and product.
- Product development stakeholder: as development progresses, work collaboratively with Program Management, Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, Operations, Sales, and Marketing to identify and resolve risks to our product development plan. As plans change, ensure that the development and executive teams are informed.
- Competitive analysis: Understand our customers full range of alternatives, and JUULs positioning with respect to those alternatives.
- Consumer advocacy: Tirelessly advocate for the customer, both inside and outside of JUUL.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7 years of professional experience defining and developing packaging systems for consumer facing products in the fast moving Consumer Goods, Consumer Electronics, Pharmaceuticals or Medical Device industries
- 5-7 years of professional experience participating in and leveraging qualitative and quantitative research to inform an understanding of consumer needs as a basis for empathy and perspective on the design problems that need to be solved
- A history of defining, developing, and launching new packaging designs that significantly improve the user experience at key points in the consumer journey such as how a consumer engages with packaging at point of purchase, during the opening experience, during product usage, and including end of lifecycle sustainability considerations
- A demonstrable history of strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills.
- Experience developing products for domestic and international markets
- Academic or professional training in a field that has been applied to achieve professional accomplishments such expertise in industrial design, design thinking or user experience (UX)
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Mission-driven: we act in the best interest of the customer
- Deeply curious: we seek to understand and ask Why? repeatedly
- Relentless and crystal-clear communication: we sniff out and resolve ambiguity
- Objective and analytical: we seek data and know the difference between facts and opinions
- Synthesis: inspiration comes from many sources. We work cross-functionally to bring out the best ideas and build the best possible plan
- Big plans, small ego: we're committed to our vision, our plan, and our team
- Follow through: we do what we say we’ll do. We seek accountability for ourselves and expect it from others
- Servant leadership: we are strong cross-functional leaders. Our colleagues give us permission to lead not because the org chart dictates it, but because we’ve earned their respect by helping them to be the best they can be
- We get our hands dirty: plans are nothing without execution
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Daily catered lunch, boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities