JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Aerosol Science, the Research Associate, Aerosols will conduct laboratory experiments to characterize electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS). This is an important role in furthering product research & development activities at Juul Labs.
This will be a hands-on, laboratory-based role that will be responsible for conducting experimental studies to inform product design and understanding. Working closely with scientists and engineers in the Juul R&D group, this role will focus on the physico-chemical characterization of aerosol from products, prototypes, and test setups. You should be comfortable around standard chemistry lab equipment/methodology such as gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, pH, particle size analysis, and willing to learn and develop new techniques. The ideal candidate is flexible, can work well independently, and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes.
- Conduct physico-chemical characterization testing of liquids and aerosols associated with electronic nicotine delivery systems.
- Write & execute test protocols; make detailed observations; compile, analyze, and present test results.
- Learn new analytical methodology for characterizing our products.
- Help write and execute testing protocols, troubleshoot test methods and device issues, and work to optimize the chemistry and performance of our products.
- Oversee lab equipment and keep in working order.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory notebooks and records.
- Be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a high-paced global environment.
- Maintain current training requirements.
- Comply with company policies, procedures and best practices.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3+ years experience in industry - pharma/biotech a plus
- Previous hands-on research experience in a laboratory setting (1-3 years)
- Knowledge of statistics a plus
- Experience in testing aerosols a plus
- BS/MS in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field. Coursework in analytical chemistry essential.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in our brand new Chemistry Lab in Mountain View
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C