JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Software Engineering Lead to join the Digital Engineering team. This is a leadership position within the organization and is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team. An ideal candidate is a hands-on developer and leader, has a track record of success as an individual contributor, and is keen to both mentor and push the performance of their team.
- Most of your time will be spent deep in the code; you should have a complete understanding of all technical aspects of your team’s vertical and continually push to improve architecture, performance, tooling, and overall customer experience.
- Be a hands-on developer with the skills and experience required to develop and deliver large pieces of functionality, setting an example for your team.
- You will work directly with your product manager to define your team’s roadmap and be accountable for the the team’s overall performance.
- You will lead and mentor a team of 3-4 engineers to hone their technical abilities and push them forward in their careers.
- Own the overall performance of your team and strive to continually improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with a diverse team of talented and experienced engineers to develop our e-commerce platform and internal tools, at global scale.
- An ideal candidate is passionate about: product, technology; writing good, clean, maintainable code; fluid end user experiences; and building a dev-first oriented culture
Some of the technologies we work with:
- React & Redux
- Ruby on Rails
- Lambda + Serverless
- AWS + Terraform
- Implementing and improving our payments solutions worldwide
- Own and improve the checkout experience end-to-end
- Internationalization and expansion of our e-commerce platform
- Developing and improving our best-in-class age verification systems
- Work on growth initiatives for domestic and international markets
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with our technical stack or similar technologies and a willingness to learn
- Experience building and designing APIs
- Understanding of performance and scalability
- A history of successfully shipping complex components and systems
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of engineers
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Experienced interviewer that holds a high bar during the recruitment process
NICE TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer science or in Natural science
- Previously experience at an E-Commerce company
- Experience in the early-mid stages of a fast growing company
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits