JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking a Supplier Business Manager (SBM) to join our Supply Chain team. The SBM will serve as the escalation point for commercial or communication issues between JUUL and Contract Manufacturers. This position reports into the Director of Global Supply Contract Manufacturing and will be based at our W. Suzhou office.
- Lead supplier scorecard development and implementation, along with Quarterly Business Reviews and adhoc reporting
- Takes lead in resolving operational Purchasing & Financial issues between Juul and supplier
- Model site expansion and renovation costs, along with facility and CapEx expenses
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends to identify new cost reduction and value creation opportunities.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select contract manufacturers that will improve value to the organization and help attain targeted business results
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years of experience in vendor management or procurement
- RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities.
- Knowledge in Material Management and production flows
- Strong understanding of infrastructure technology required to operate / optimize automation equipment
- Ability to explain, at a high level, the legal implications of software license and services agreements
- Strong understanding of the financial aspects of capital expenditures, ROI, NPV, cash flow, and total cost of ownership.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Strong analytical, research, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and implement a well-thought-out sourcing strategy.
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement and business operations, systems, organizational structure, performance metrics (KPI) and supply base.
- Ability to effectively operate with little direction in a constantly evolving business environment.
- BA/BS Degree; MBA preferred. Degree in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering is preferred.