JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The NPI Program Manager leads the operational NPI process by working in a cross functional team to develop and launch new products into volume production. The successful candidate will coordinate with the Product Development and Operations teams to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups through multi-level stakeholder interaction. You’ll develop tactical plans and complete complex assignments with minimal supervision or review, providing comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated on achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal stakeholders and external suppliers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
This position reports to the Director, Global Supply NPI and Accessories.
- Lead New Product Introduction projects for Manufacturing and Global Supply Chain
- Be the main interface between Operations, Engineering, and our Contract Manufacturing (CM) partners, working closely with CM Manufacturing sites, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Test, Quality, Planning, Logistics
- Accountable for the quality and effectiveness of the NPI Plan though Mass Production (MP) handoff including new supplier engagement, contracts and ensuring costs meet should cost targets.
- Ensure new products are developed for optimal manufacturability (DFx) and are effectively introduced throughout the supply chain and manufacturing facilities
- Manage the schedule and deliverables of cross functional teams responsible for launching new products into manufacturing. Ensure project schedules are achieved. Understand and manage risk. Manage project budgets, resource planning
- Support Engineering NPI builds and ensure the product and processes are production ready
- Drive resolution of technical and operational build issues
- Represent manufacturing in Phase-gate and Build Reviews
- Anticipate potential collaboration issues/opportunities across teams and collaborate with peer managers to resolve them proactively
- Engage in clear, two-way communication, listen actively and cultivate diversity of thought and perspective and dissenting views
- Coach the team on advanced critical thinking and structured problem solving, including proactively identifying process changes & improvements
- Provide thorough, clear, and concise reporting to senior management of project status, risks, and mitigation plans
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 -10 years of experience in global and complex manufacturing management, including experience managing the new product introduction process. Experience with medical devices is a plus.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills
- Highly organized with strong planning skills and mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, global teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Excels at building a cohesive, motivated, and results-oriented team in a technical environment
- Ability to travel globally, 25% to 50%
Key Attributes Necessary for Success:
- Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to develop team members
- Ability to manage senior and junior team members
- Ability to drive aggressive implementation plan, schedules and to ensure costs are in line with should cost targets.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of business operations, project management fundamentals, organizational management, performance metrics (KPI) management, risk management, and problem solving.
- Proficient in common office computer software.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or Business Management; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities