JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL is seeking an outstanding lawyer to join its growing legal team. As Corporate Counsel, you will work on a broad range of corporate, securities, governance and M&A matters and provide effective, business-focused legal advice to a high energy, diverse group of stakeholders across organizational lines.
Your responsibilities will include working with the other members of the team on the following:
- Securities law matters and issues, including financings and the corresponding documentation;
- Board/committee and stockholder matters, including securities transfers;
- M&A transactions, including structuring and negotiating LOIs, due diligence matters, negotiating definitive agreements and post-closing integration efforts;
- Domestic and international corporate governance, including intra-company agreements and management of subsidiaries;
- Compliance and related policies; and
- Collaboration on ad-hoc projects.
- 3-5 years legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm).
- Demonstrated accountability and keen ability to meet aggressive time frames.
- Able to make decisions quickly but also seek guidance when appropriate.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with persuasiveness and confidence.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view and ability to create an inclusive environment.
- Personal integrity, sound judgment and strong ethics in business and personal conduct.
- A commitment to personal and professional growth and receptivity to feedback.
- Candid and personally secure. Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required (CA preferred).
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities