JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Sr Facilities Manager will be responsible for all facility operations West of the Rocky Mountains. This includes management of facility managers and coordinators, receptionists, security, shipping and receiving, PO management, and all vendor relationships. The primary function of the Sr. Facility Manager is to ensure that the office space is kept clean, organized, and meets the operational business needs of the JUUL team members.
- Ensure that all facilities within the region meet the needs of the various JUUL teams and are being run in accordance to EH&S, OSHA, and FDA standards and regulations..
- Develop and maintain a PM schedule for all JUUL equipment and building owned assets.
- Responsible for following the facility operations standard operating procedures and all best practices related to engineering compliance and regulatory standards.
- Manage building evacuations, emergency response team, and first aid supplies, and business continuity planning.
- Work closely with accounts payable to ensure that our vendors are paid for services rendered, and look for areas of improvement and partnership to better support the needs of the business.
- Review and approves supply requisitions for office supplies, catering needs, inventory, organizing, bathroom supplies, budgeting etc.
- Manages vendor contracts and ensures that all SLA’s are met.
- Corporate account maintenance for shipping and office supplies, including shipping and receiving support for the office
- Support the space planning team through accurate space audits, on-boarding of new hires, site moves, re-stacks, and overall company growth plans.
- Facilities project management execution for all campus needs in occupied spaces.
- Facilitates communication and understanding of office policies and procedures, and maintains an updated facilities handbook for each location.
- Organizes across all functions ensuring ease of operations on all floors and in all areas
- Ensure budget accuracy and forecasts for operational OpEx and CapEx expenditures.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years in facility operations, with a minimum of 5 years in the role of facilities manager.
- 5+ years of direct personal managemenet with full HR accountability.
- Management and operations experience including budgeting, planning, timeline management, implementation and all elements of execution.
- Experience managing direct reports and 3rd party vendors
- Experience in highly regulated industries and historical properties a plus
- Proven results successfully negotiating and managing service contracts and vendor RFP’s.
- An experienced problem solver, finding clever solutions to facility and operational challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrate a “can do” attitude about all things, and show a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Experience building a site-by-site expansion budgets and managing within them
- Space planning management and utilization optimization in a fast moving organization
- BA/BS Degree required
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities