JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
Role And Responsibilities
JUUL Labs is seeking a Senior Global Supply Manager to join our Supply Chain team. The Senior Global Supply Manager, Electro-Mechanical has the responsibility for managing electro-mechanical component sourcing, materials management and procurement globally. This position will be based in Suzhou, China location. This position will report to the Senior Global Supply Manager.
- Manage all mechanical materials with global manufacturing partners to ensure accurate reporting and systems
- Manage Clear to Build (CTB) to ensure on-time availability of all mechanical components.
- Work directly with key suppliers (manufacturers and distributors) to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support existing platforms and new product development.
- Develop and implement business continuity plans for critical components.
- Assess market conditions, identify industry best practices and emerging trends to identify new cost reduction and value creation opportunities, as well as performing should cost analysis.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select suppliers that will improve value to the organization and help attain targeted business results.
- Negotiate and implement appropriate contracts with suppliers.
- Establish and implement procurement policies with suppliers to ensure quality, delivery, and cost improvements including KPI’s and scorecards.
Personal And Professional Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience in materials management, procurement or supply chain management, in a high-volume consumer electronics industry.
- Effective management of component sourcing within a manufacturing environment; CTB management, component pull-in/push out, and negotiating cost reductions.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Strong analytical, research, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand external systems and work with partner CM’s and key suppliers to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with key stakeholders within the JUUL organization; Engineering/Product Development teams and CM management.
- Ability to learn and grow into overall strategic sourcing management role.
- BA/BS Degree; MBA preferred. Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Engineering is preferred.
Juul Labs Perks & Benefits
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits