JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of European POD Operations will be responsible for all aspects of the execution of the operations planned activities for the contract manufacturers (CM) operation at the geographic location to include multiple CM manufacturing locations within this region as identified for this role. This includes facilitating communication between JUUL and the local suppliers, from all cross functional team members and discipline’s (logistic, planning, quality, engineering, Commercial, etc), managing supplier’s performances and managing expectations to meet on-going target around on-time delivery, quality and customer satisfaction. Most of the work is to be done at the operational locations specified for this person and as agreed to within the scope of the advertisement or as explained by the recruiting partners.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all suppliers’ operational execution KPI, with emphasis on OTD and Forecast execution.
- This means following up with suppliers on ramp up planning on all aspects, including staffing, facility, equipment OEE, quality and engineering with the support of other Juul team members.
- Communicate schedules internally and with suppliers, help prioritize activities overall.
- Interface daily with supplier’s main point of contacts, both on-site and remotely, and escalate issues accordingly
- Put in place appropriate reporting to track performances
- Put in place action plans with suppliers to improve performances and track accordingly
- Facilitate execution of special engineering projects (part or process qualifications for example)
- Gather data to review inventory positions, support physical inventory activities and on-site inventory review (stock, WIP and non-conforming materials)
- Ensure suppliers are putting in place the necessary people and infrastructure to support changing business requirements.
- Align with Juul leadership and set geographic strategic direction, set goals by plant and drive a standardization approach to best practices across all locations within Juul.
- Identify and resolve all barriers in region to maximize operational excellence at all plants and manage Juul resource directly or indirectly as needed to ensure all operational targets are met – where gaps are identified, ensure a plan of corrective actions are in place and managed to full closure.
Vendor and cross functional resourcing:
- Oversee Juul Cross functional team onsite support management as well as Supplier cross functional team resourcing:
- Manufacturing and Automation engineering,
- Technical Program Managers,
- Supplier and compliance quality engineers,
- Test validation and reliability engineering and
- Global Supply Managers (GSM)
- Facilities, Environmental Health and Safety
- Logistics & Material planning
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Supplier day shift/ night shift resourcing tracking
- Supplier direct/in-direct labor hiring/ training
Shop Floor Control:
- UPH, Efficiency, Yield reporting
- Queue time (line balancing) management
- Quality management system, IQC/IPQC/OQC/ORT, readiness
- End to end process traceability
- Line audit
- Facility compliance to Juul / ISO 13485 standards
- Components & materials availability tracking
- Materials On-Hold & WIP Tracking between production steps
- Input/Output/Shipment Tracking & Reporting
- Incoming Materials, Equipment tracking with GSM/Capex GSM
- Outgoing Materials tracking with GSM & Material planning
- Warehouse stocking / inventory & security management with supplier
- Inventory Storage conditions (Temperature, Humidity, particulates, etc.) control
Factory Readiness/ Scaling:
- Capacity space planning, allocation, construction & readiness
- Lines layout, qualification and readiness management with Juul cross functional teams
- Equipment & fixtures Kick off management, Installation, Buy-off, production readiness and maintenance management
- Utilities and other facilities related infrastructure (Compressed air, air handling, electricity, IT, etc.)
- Traceability & related data management
- Juul office, facilities & food management; visit coordination & support
- Product security, line access control with supplier
- 6S & Lean MFG Implementation
Whole project management which including
- Daily production output tracking compare with the capacity
- Track the weekly OTD and mitigate delay risk
- Working with the team for the major engineering change tracking
- Line tour every day for better understanding of the manufacturing and factory floor
- Monitor the OEE and work with the team for the major issue and monitor the implementation.
- Closely work with the QA team for the yield tracking and related quality cost trend, work on the major issue tracking and closure date to make sure smoothly run
Supply chain management which including
- Closely work with CM side and work together for the better achievement for the continuous improvement
- Coordinate the whole local team to better communicate/work with CM side
- Lead the team to help solve the problems between CM side and upstream supplier side.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Mature Excellent operations skills and a communication warrior able to distill multiple streams of issues and complex situations to a net successful end result for the operation and meeting the Juul supply chain commitments.
- Previous experience in working with contract manufacturers or managing upstream suppliers, 10 years of either working at a CM or managing outsourcing.
- Understanding of contract manufacturers and their processes
- Ability to take on complex projects, and present solutions clearly internally and with suppliers
- Clear communicator, strong negotiator
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines. The individual should be able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of ERP logic and supply chain concepts
- Understanding of lean principles
- Experience in ramping or supporting high volume production
- Background in production, supply chain, and some engineering knowledge preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain. Advanced degree preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits