JUUL Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
Reporting to the Director of Silicon and Sensors, the Program Manager, Sensor Development will provide program management of development projects related to sensors used in Juul’s devices. Working closely with multiple cross-functional teams, this position will provide technical program leadership to the teams developing sensors that provide a range of industry-leading sensors. You will utilize your technical and program leadership and management to lead cross-functional teams to develop sensor solutions. These teams will include internal members and members from external sensor partners. Your effective program / project management skills to lead development of custom silicon will contribute to Juul meeting critical company goals related to device performance, quality, cost and reliability.
- Lead cross-functional and supplier teams developing semiconductor-based sensors for Juul devices.
- Ensure adherence to Juul development process, completing required plans, schedules, reviews and status updates/reporting.
- Coordinate and drive teams including team and supplier meeting coordination, goals, agendas and milestones to provide aggressive schedules, and lead data driven team meetings.
- Work with engineering management, GSM (global supply management), product management, quality/compliance management and your direct line manager to communicate and drive needed management support for resolution of team challenges.
- Lead team in development of requirements, specifications and other documents required by the Juul development process.
- Develop detailed timelines and define key milestones to ensure the team and the company are focused on key goals and dates.
- Drive team consensus and drive teams to fast, effective decision-making throughout the development process.
- Identify areas where flexibility in the process needs to be leveraged for effective, timely development, and communicate these to management and other stakeholders.
- Integrate partner teams, schedules, meetings and processes with Juul’s teams.
- Willing to travel to supplier/partner sites, as needed.
- Ideally, leverage your past experience in areas of sensor development such as design, simulation, verification, layout, test, packaging, etc.
- Minimum 3-years experience in technical project/program management of semiconductor/MEMS sensor development either in merchant silicon, fabless semiconductor, or system companies.
- Preferred minimum 2-years experience in a key engineering skill in sensor development such as design, simulation, verification, layout, test, packaging.
- Experience managing a sensor development process from concept to production in the context of a formal development process.
- Experience leading cross-functional and supplier/partner project teams in dynamic, occasionally chaotic, engineering environment, and ability to lead effective data-driven team decision-making.
- Preferred experience with sensor projects with extreme cost challenges, and experience with sensors used in high-volume, low-cost products.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- Extremely effective in verbal and written communications.
Successful Candidate Traits
Goal driven, schedule driven, process oriented; open, straight-forward communicator.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits