JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, and passionate QA Engineer, to support our firmware development activities. This important, technical position reports to the Director of Firmware Engineering in the Engineering organization at JUUL Labs.
This is a hands-on role requiring a thorough understanding of quality assurance processes, test development, and with bringing best of class products to market. Additionally, the position works with new product development teams to support high-value engineering activities. The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers and management alike in a high-paced global environment. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. The QA Engineer will work alongside the firmware and mobile apps teams and other resources inside JUUL Labs. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual who will be responsible for bringing best practices in quality assurance that will bring these hardware products to the next level.
- Define, develop and implement quality assurance test plans and test cases.
- Cross-discipline collaboration to create test processes, test specifications, regression tests, and firmware release testing at all stages of firmware development.
- Creation of bugs in issue tracking system, and test reports.
- Executing performance and stress tests.
- Analyze root cause failure and enhance comprehensive test coverage.
- Record all test results for each test suite and provide a high level summary for areas tested.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years working in a QA related role.
- Experience testing portable devices.
- Experience testing mobile apps is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of bug reporting and source control tools such as JIRA and Git.
- Familiarity with testing wireless devices.
- Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated products is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills and grow.
- Ability to multi-task or focus on detailed problems, and tenacity to drive issues until resolved.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Associate’s degree with significant experience will be considered. Master’s degree is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities