JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Governance and Risk Analyst is charged with assisting the organization with the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and management of risk. The Analyst will focus primarily on the maintenance of an effective Enterprise Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) program and facilitate the identification of risks, ensuring proper mechanisms are in place to manage the identified risks. The ideal candidate will be up to the challenge of developing security policies and standards, risk frameworks, and processes in an innovative and flexible way to support fast-paced and empowered environments.
This role will work closely with Information Security leadership to implement the procedures and controls necessary to ensure and protect the safety and security of information systems, assets, and customer data. A well-qualified candidate will be comfortable working with executive and technical leadership to embed a risk and security focused mindset in all areas.
This role covers security, privacy, financial and other enterprise-wide operational risks for the following activities: risk assessment and treatment, monitoring, management, and mitigation; policy, standards, and control design and implementation; risk management (including third party risk); training and awareness; and, business continuity planning and disaster recovery programs.
The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills, strong organization skills and a good understanding of cyber security principles and concepts.
- Develop a risk framework and processes that allow for effective risk monitoring, management and mitigation, while still facilitating innovative, fast-moving, empowered cultures.
- Perform risk assessment and risk management activities across the company.
- Manage vendor relationships (from a risk and security perspective).
- Lead risk-focused culture and process change through training and interaction with key leaders.
- Work closely with leaders in IT and Operations functional areas to ensure security standards, policies, and procedures are deeply embedded and understood.
- Be part of a team that promotes risk and security awareness and training programs.
- Develop and implement a risk reporting framework for management teams and governance committees.
- Willingness to learn and stay current with industry trends relating to cyber security, privacy and risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related curriculum.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in risk management, information security, privacy or a data protection or assurance-related function.
- Technical and Functional experience in domain of Governance, Enterprise Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Proven understanding of risk assessment methodologies, frameworks, and procedures and the ability to work flexibly with them to meet organizational size, maturity, and culture considerations
- Facilitates IT governance implementation
- Experience building network of relationships across functions and to liaise with senior management
- Ability to think strategically about security risks and tie those to tactical organizational activities
- Open to learning and working on new domains and technology
- Ability to manage all aspects of large-scale projects to bring about organizational change
- Experience with risk assessments and compliance of major regulatory initiatives (e.g. HIPAA, ISO, PCI, SOX, FEDRAMP, SSAE16)
- Proven knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Proven knowledge of information management, asset management, data classification, and vulnerability resolution
- Prior experience with Privacy and/or business continuity and disaster recovery
- Prior experience on business intelligence and analytics projects a plus
- Certifications (at least one preferred but not required): Risk-related certifications (CISM, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CIPP)
- Experience: 5+ Years IT security or GRC
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Superb presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize your work
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and business executives
- Excellent business acumen
Perks & Benefits
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities