JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is searching for a Manager, Quality Supply to join our Quality Supply Chain team. They will lead the team of Supply Quality engineers/technicians to support device Manufacturing, Supplier Development, New Product Development, and Quality Systems at our CM sites in Suzhou.
- Directs projects to ensure the manufacture of high-quality product and facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to employees to achieve personal, departmental, and business goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with ISO standards, FDA, EEO and OSHA regulations etc).
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance.
- Monitors departments activities and records to ensure compliance independent action through critical decision making.
- Provides manufacturing support by defining work assignments directed to address manufacturing process defects and implement process improvements utilizing Quality System tools.
- Directs Quality personnel to support new product development by defining projects focused on new products/process development based on coordination with management, project leaders, & design engineers.
- Leads the team in crisis management situations. Makes decisions and takes accountability, sometimes with limited information, in high-pressure time limited situations.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering Management.
- 5+ years of industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Quality Engineering, Process Operations, Test, Design or Product Engineering, Reliability and/or Qualification.
- Experience working in an FDA or ISO13485 regulated environment, preferably medical device or pharmaceutical, is required.
- Experience managing electronic and manual assembly in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with a multi-functional team to define requirements and suitable metrics for the performance of new products and process.
- Experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills; Works with JUUL Management, Consultants, and Staff to develop practical solutions to achieve regulatory compliance and support quality process improvements.
- Strong supplier quality program management skills.
- Substantial interpersonal/influencing/negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel and work at supplier locations, up to 70%
- Preferred certifications: Six Sigma (Green/Black belt), Quality Engineer and/or Quality Auditor.
EDUCATION: BS or MS degree in Engineering or Applied Science
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success