JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the #1 US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments, and Tao Capital, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, and biotech—and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking an Associate, Commercial Programs, Strategy & Business Operations for its rapidly scaling business in Austin, Texas. As part of the Strategy and Business Operations team, you will partner with leaders across the organization including sales, business development, marketing, supply chain, product development, scientific affairs, regulatory, and IP / legal. Work output will be featured at the highest levels of the company, with real opportunity to influence business direction.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of relevant strategy, finance, or consulting experience. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to accelerate growth of the business. Potential projects include:
- Driving business development opportunities and strategic partnerships; creating a detailed, multi-contingency tactical plan for each vertical, including key individuals, events, meetings, content and messaging, and timelines
- Developing new sales channels; building detailed financial models to assess potential return on investment, conducting research to understand consumer sentiment and market opportunity, running trials as a business owner and operator
- Improving performance of key metrics; studying metrics to understand all inputs and levers, discovering potential areas of improvement; analyzing best steps and creating an action plan, executing the plan in partnership with teams across the company
- Execute special projects / ad hoc analyses, as initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly evolving
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or a related field from a top-tier institution
- Demonstrated interest in CPG, tech, or medical device industries
- Generalist functional understanding spanning finance, sales, product, marketing, e-commerce, and regulatory/legal
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Strong background and comfort with modeling
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Professional demeanour and ability to interact with persuasiveness and confidence
- High proficiency in Excel, Google Docs, Keynote and PowerPoint
Nice to Have:
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn SQL and data analysis tools
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the great city of Austin, Texas!
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status.