JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
JUUL seeks a dynamic, highly-motivated engineer with experience in mechanical and electrical engineering. With a particular focus on manufacturing, this role will support our New Product Introduction and Sustaining Engineering activities. This highly technical position reports to the Tools & Validation Architect in the Engineering department at JUUL. In this cross-functional role, the candidate will be responsible for managing the design, development, and integration of the mechanical and electrical components of proprietary, next-generation testing infrastructure that will enable JUUL Labs to take its products to the next level. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. The position will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus reliability, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside JUUL Labs. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. Extensive manufacturing experience is critical, especially interfacing between contract manufacturers and manufacturing test engineers.
- Manage the design of custom mechanical and electrical test systems to support all aspects of research and product development; examples include:
- Systems to automate hardware-in-the-loop testing of hardware, software, and firmware builds
- Systems for facilitating automated production testing of hardware in factories
- Develop, implement, optimize, and document SOPs and Work Instructions for validation tools and manufacturing processes for JUUL products
- Drive test fixture development, qualification, and integration, both in-house and at contract manufacturers
- Troubleshoot and bringup custom test fixtures developed by our internal team and contract manufacturing partners
- Define test criteria, draft test plans and oversee test execution for internal and remote teams
- Design, develop and implement electrical architectures from prototyping through mass production
- Drive electrical engineering activities to completion, leveraging internal and external resources
- Take prototypes to increasing levels of fidelity, ranging from proof-of-concept demonstrations to integrated systems
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant ME and/or EE experience in validation tools and on-site implementation
- Experience in all aspects of consumer electronics and/or medical device manufacturing, from new product introduction, to mass production, to EOL
- Experience working with internal design and engineering teams while managing relationships with engineering and project teams at consumer electronics contract manufacturers in China
- Experience in the specification, design, development, bringup, and debugging of electro-mechanical, test fixtures for consumer electronics and/or medical devices
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the following areas: Equipment and tooling development, Equipment and Automation, Process Characterization, Design of Experiments (DOE), and design/process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Experience with writing test plans, specifications, and procedures, executing test plans, and preparing clear test report documentation
- Experience using statistical data analysis to provide in-depth understanding and risk assessments of designs and manufacturing processes
- Prefer candidates familiar with design tools such as SolidWorks, Catia, Altium, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, and MATLAB
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as I2C, I2S, SPI and UART as well as Analog HW interfaces
- Familiarity with at least one programming language such as C, C++, or Python
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) data acquisition systems, data analytics and database systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have the authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.