JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of the one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cyber Security Engineer for JUUL is responsible for safeguarding JUUL’s company's computer networks and systems. This includes designing, engineering, and maintaining information security technology tools and platforms, planning and executing cyber tool security configuration, and activity monitoring and protecting sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber attacks.
The Information Security Engineer is a technical role within the Cyber Security team, focused on identifying, designing, implementing, and operating key technologies across the security space. These technologies include vulnerability scanning, mail security, intrusion detection and prevention systems, data loss protection, endpoint protection, identity and access management, identity governance and administration, mobile device management, SIEM platforms, MFA, and more.
The engineer will work closely with the infrastructure, architecture, and application development teams to execute technology tasks, and partner with the project management groups to ensure alignment to security principles, policies, and best practices.
- Partners with architecture for design and review of projects with respect to adherence to security policies, standards, and best practices
- Engineers, implements, maintains, and administers security technologies such as firewalls, data loss prevention, IDS/IPS, mobile device management, and other technologies listed above
- Tests for vulnerabilities by conducting periodic scans of networks, executing penetration testing, and other offensive strategies
- Maintains and monitors networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions; manages and improves the SIEM platform
- Prepares reports of security performance, activities, risk findings, and other security related outputs and presents to management.
- Reviews technologies and development projects for alignment to security policies, standards, and best practices.
- 4+ years of experience engineering and administering security technologies
- Experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection and prevention, next-generation firewalls, and content filtering technologies
- Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Experience planning and developing security policies, procedures, and standards
- Experience reading and understanding impact of malicious code, mobile attacks, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate security concepts to a technical and non-technical audience including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and build rapport to influence colleagues at all levels, uncover issues, and identify needs
- Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions including DLP, EDR, file integrity monitoring, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with scripting languages, databases and SQL, and development languages
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GSEC, OSCP, vendor credentials from relevant vendors, etc.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience evaluating physical security
- Experience working in a hybrid on- and off-shore model
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles