JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to work on our IoT connectivity platform and help connect the millions of products we ship every year. The ideal candidate has a strong background in server engineering, distributed algorithms and a passion for working on large-scale systems.
Reporting to the Director of Developer Infrastructure, a Senior Platform Engineer will be responsible for developing the IoT platform that helps JUUL connect millions of users and billions of devices. As part of the Developer Infrastructure team within JUUL, you will develop and maintain the tools and software that the applications team use to build product. This includes in-house systems for CI and open-source projects like Apache Mynewt, an open-source embedded operating system for microcontroller class devices.
- Write and test high quality code across systems written in C, Go, and Python
- Work with internal stakeholders to help debug application and platform specific code
- Collaborate with internal teams, write code, and help define and review architecture for new products
- Partner with project teams to ensure that JUUL’s infrastructure components support the necessary requirements and are reusable across projects.
- Utilize your technical expertise to help develop the software used by other engineers within JUUL
- Focused issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks and status
- Some domestic and international travel required
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Expert experience with at least one of C, C++, Golang or Python
- 5+ years working in cross-functional software teams, including expertise in embedded projects.
- Security and secure development experience is a plus
- Command of hardware and software integration challenges
- Self-aware, confident, collaborative, communicator with an understanding that everything we do is for the customer/user experience.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
JUUL LABS PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities