JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join our Accounting Team in San Francisco, California. In the role of Accounting Manager, you will lead and manage the daily operations of the corporate accounting team. You must be hands on and willing to take ownership. You must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to establish credibility and facilitate an effective working relationship with a wide range of company representatives. This is a high visibility role with great opportunities to make a meaningful and immediate impact.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, including team activities to ensure effective communication, collaboration with other areas of the organization
- Oversee day to day operations of the GL teams, including close optimization and accuracy
- Support or manage other ad-hoc projects
- Managing the monthly close process, including driving the overall accounting close process in an efficient and effective manner and prepare and manage consolidated flux analysis for financial statements
- Partner with business partners for monthly and quarterly close activities
- Serve as liaison for the external auditors
- Assist in preparation and review of quarterly accounting packages such as preparation and managing the consolidation flux analysis
- Manage, develop and mentor direct reporting personnel
- Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment
- Updating/develop, manage and implementing corporate accounting policies to ensure current GAAP
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 6+ years of experience, mix of Big 4 public accounting and CPG experience highly preferred.
- Experience working in fast-growing environment preferred
- You must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, early-stage environment with the ability to work cross functionally across the organization
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with general accounting, month end close procedures, eliminations and consolidations, controls, internal reporting & analytics, and working with external auditors
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding and communicating technical accounting issues
- Strong leadership, strong analytical skills and project management skills
- International experience and prior experience in managing global financial monthly close process is preferred
- Ability to work on cross functional activities and form solid business relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
- Proven close process improvement experience
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Masters’ degree preferred
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.