Senior Manufacturing Test Development Engineer - San Francisco, CA OR Mountain View, CA
ABOUT JUUL LABS
JUUL was founded by former smokers, James and Adam, with the goal of improving the lives of one billion adult smokers. We envision a world where fewer people use cigarettes, and where people who smoke cigarettes have the tools to reduce or eliminate their consumption entirely, should they so desire.
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
The Senior Manufacturing Test Development Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the test process including internal/external test development, data analysis, and production issue identification and resolution. She/he must have an in-depth knowledge on hardware design and debug, PCB/FATP test methodology, manufacturing test process and the ability to plan and execute projects completion on time.
She/he will define and implement electrical and mechanical test solutions that are manufacturable, maintainable and scalable in a high-volume manufacturing environment at our contract manufacturers. A clear understanding of statistical data analysis is also required in order to optimize OEE on each of the test stations.
- Design, develop and document manufacturing test equipment, fixture, program and procedure with the contract manufacturers and external suppliers.
- Develop test hardware and test plans at PCB and FATP level by partnering with design engineering and suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally to achieve project milestones within test functions
- Develop test scripts for characterization, production and data analysis.
- Generate URS and develop performance metrics to validate and qualify tester.
- Participate in cross-functional team to review and develop DFM, FA and SOP across product line.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing yield and provide solutions that address root cause systemically.
- Provide on-site management of manufacturing partners to manage production line bring-up including fixtures and test stations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8-10 years experience running high volume consumer electronics product with hands-on experience in implementing board/FATP level parametric and functional test, RF, battery/PMIC and sensor solution.
- Proficient in analog and digital circuit design and debug. RF is a plus.
- Strong experience in programming and scripting e.g. Python, C++ and LabVIEW.
- Familiar with schematic capture using Cadence or Altium. PCB layout a plus.
- Experience with data analysis, GR&R, test limits generation and other process control-related statistic.
- Hands-on with lab equipment such as Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Multimeter, VSA/VSG, etc.
- Ability to design and bring up circuits in the lab for POC demonstration.
- 3-5+ years experience running production at CM and provide continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles, Mountain View