JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Mobile Platform will be leading and growing a talented group of application developers to bring new products and major product improvements to market. In this consumer-centric product company, the Director has an opportunity to have a high level impact on its success and direction. This position requires both a visionary and manager: someone the technical team can rally around with confidence in their capabilities, accountability, support and communication.
- Developing and growing an excellent engineering team with a passion for shipping terrific products to customers.
- Finding and hiring incredible people who you’ll be excited to work with.
- Helping our engineers improve performance, deliver new features - by management, mentorship, and by contributing yourself.
- Working with the broader team to develop the requirements and specifications that will drive our products forward.
- Manage, direct and support the Mobile Platform team by hiring, mentoring, motivating, and rewarding staff members.
- Meet regularly with direct reports to review performance, identifies any issues and sets expectations of goals.
- Research, evaluate and recommend investments in systems to improve process efficiencies and product quality.
- Determine resource needs, develop plans, track progress to those plans, resolve conflicts and deliver scheduled milestones to projects.
- Collaborate with other software teams to:
- Develop schedules, project plans, and cost estimates for implementing new product introductions and significant product enhancements.
- Architect highly intricate, full-featured solutions that span firmware, cloud, and analytics.
- Identify and help solve any software gaps across much of the software stack, including security, analytics, connectivity, and PRD requirements.
- Review and evaluate product quality (through customer service, bug reports and QA), and takes action as necessary to correct variances.
- Ensure engineers and developers follow appropriate documentation guidelines and hold code reviews in accordance with product development procedures.
- Lead the team in developing, validating, and documenting product and process requirements.
- Work with senior management in the prioritization and assessment of future projects and company and department goals.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience managing software teams who have created complex software applications.
- At least five years of experience in iOS and Android development.
- Minimum 10 years of professional software development.
- Strong project management skills required. Capable of overseeing multiple teams in all project activities for multiple concurrent projects necessary for the successful commercial launch of new products.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and launching successful, on-time and innovative software.
- Deep understanding of Android and iOS operating systems.
- Significant level of Swift/Objective-C and Java/Kotlin expertise.
- Considerable experience in mobile QA and CI environments, such as Espresso, XCTest, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- Comfortable driving multiple initiatives at a rapid pace, making thoughtful recommendations with available data.
- Active, high-energy communicator who drives a company vision/mission to align teams, critical resources, management, and stakeholders.
- A highly intelligent, self-confident, strategic manager that fosters innovation, collaboration and accountability, resulting in streamlined development and optimization of the best possible products that are loved by consumers.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C