JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million JUULpods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with a diverse team of talented and experienced engineers to develop our e-commerce platform and internal tools, at global scale.
- You will lead and mentor your team to hone their technical abilities and push them forward in their careers, while expanding your own technical boundaries.
- You should be hands-on software engineer focused on improving architecture, performance, tooling, and overall customer experience.
- Work directly with a product manager and other stakeholders to define your team’s roadmap, together.
- An ideal candidate is passionate about: product, technology; writing good, clean, maintainable code; fluid end user experiences; and building a dev-first oriented culture.
Some of the technologies we work with:
- Ruby on Rails
- React & Redux
- AWS + Terraform
- Internationalization and expansion of our eCommerce platform
- Developing and improving our best-in-class age verification systems
- Expanding on our core commerce components (Payments, Logistics, Subscriptions)
- Work on growth initiatives for domestic and international markets
- Building and designing of new systems for both internal and external stakeholders
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven history leading and mentoring a team of software engineers
- Experience building and designing APIs
- Ability to scale complex systems and software
- Familiarity and experience with our technical stack or similar technologies
- Previously experience at an eCommerce company
- Experience in the early-mid stages of a fast growing company
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer science or in Natural science
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees and job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. JUUL Labs also complies with applicable employment eligibility verification requirements. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the country of employment.
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, New York City or Victoria, BC, Canada