JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Copy Editor/Proofreader manages consistent language across the many touch points that carry the message to the target audience. This position ensures quality in creation of all packaging and collateral sales materials.
• Proofreading existing materials for copy clarity and readability, trademarks, registration information, grammar, spelling, capitalization, format, branding, etc.
• Editing/implementation of changes
• Proofreading against regulatory requirements/checklists
• Proofreading prepress proofs and first article samples against approved proofs
• Interface with Legal, Regulatory to ensure that all language is accurate and in compliance
• Maintain consistent implementation of the brand and tone of voice
• Manage the localization of for all regions
• Support the creation of translations across all customer touchpoints
• Be responsible for proofreading at all stages to assure quality of copy and content based on approved proofs and established requirements
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5-7 year’s experience as an editor or proofreader of copy in an Advertising Agency, Design Firm, Consumer Product company, Pharmaceutical Company
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be highly organized and be able to manage multiple projects at any given time
• Collaborative – someone who can work across teams and regions
• Understanding of developing packaging, point of sale, promotional and other consumer materials across several brands/categories
• Committed to excellence in every aspect of their work
• Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
• Foreign language skills, experience working with translations is helpful
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities