JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will join a dynamic design team that constantly brings new products to market. You will work directly with product owners to identify opportunities, prioritize projects, define the brief, and own both the experience & visual design for your team. You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Marketing, Compliance, Brand, and Sales to support a roadmap of product launches and experiments.
- Conceptualize and iterate on high-quality designs.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch.
- Flexibly flip between working on granular UI details and large-scale experience design.
- Collaborate with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to identify and prioritize product opportunities to affect the squad’s KPIs.
- Be the voice for the user while contributing to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Actively participate in all stages of our agile design process, including contributing to story creation, weekly standups, etc.
- Create use cases and flows, and turn them into test-ready lo-fi & hi-fi prototypes
- Help us conduct user and competitive research.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in a Digital agency setting or high growth start up
- Mastery of Typography, Hierarchy, and Layout.
- Strong background in Brand design.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design.
- Experience owning product from start to finish, working with developers and PMs.
- Ability to research, ideate and define the vision for projects within your unit.
- Ability to work fast and produce multiple solutions for a single problem.
- Ability to design and build high fidelity prototypes for testing.
- Working experience with Sketch, Invision, and Adobe design tools.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Strong User Testing background. Experience with user testing platforms and in-person user research.
- Experience with front-end development.
- CS background.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Visual Design/Communications Design/Digital Design
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of New York City, the world’s greatest city.