JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate combustible cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
JUUL Labs is seeking a Business Associate who will report directly to a Senior Manager for the Enterprise Markets – Public Sector, Defense Markets Business Unit. As part of the Defense Markets team, you will work closely with our leadership to educate Leaders and Members of Veteran Service Organizations (VSOs) and Military Service Organizations (MSOs) about our mission, emphasize JUUL’s potential to reduce the harm associated with combustible cigarettes, and craft the best ongoing business development and awareness framework to help ensure mission success. It is our goal to help military personnel and Veterans understand the enduring social and health repercussions combustible cigarettes have around the world and the role JUUL can play in eliminating them.
** Please note position is remote and requires at least 50% travel; must be located near major air hub in the (DESCRIBE REGION HERE // e.g. SW / Central / East)
- Planning and executing business development operations, events and conferences
- Assist leadership in developing JUUL’s Defense Markets with business analysis, business development, marketing, awareness training and sales activities
- Assisting leadership in determining and developing VSO-MSO plans, advocacy priorities, and initiatives based on military, veteran, first responder and other government organization needs and requirements
- Research, identify, and maintain key relationships at the federal, state and local levels
- Develop and execute engagements with VSOs, MSOs, and other stakeholder organizations
- Prepare administrative, business development, and marketing materials for use by Defense Markets team
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of prior (or current Reserve) military service or experience as a first responder
- Ideal candidate will have over 1-2 years of experience planning and executing projects, sales or business development in the military and veteran space or consumer packaged goods
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience with VSOs, MSOs, Veterans Affairs and DoD is highly desirable
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with persuasiveness and confidence
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Outstanding oral and written communicator who can convey product value propositions
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Mental flexibility and desire to make a mark in fast-paced, growing environments
- Interest in VSO and MSO communities and related industries, and passion to connect with and help our military, veterans and first responders
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates engaged with the military, veteran and first responder communities
- Equity, performance and referral bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
JUUL Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability or veteran status. We comply with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and do not unlawfully discriminate against applicants with criminal convictions.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles