Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who We Are
At Justworks, we’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We take the complicated world of Payments, Benefits and HR and make it simple. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team. Read more about our values here.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Manager, Payments that goes deep on technology capabilities and broad on business impact for our Payments team. The Payment team's mission is to increase the trust of our customers by moving money with more speed and simplicity.
You’ll be accountable for shaping and executing a vision and strategy informed by the needs of the business, key stakeholders and partners, customers, and your past experience to help Justworks product teams build better, faster, and smarter. You have deep Payments industry experience, demonstrable financial acumen and a strong product vision informed by a depth of knowledge in fintech industry trends and trajectories. You have strong technical acumen and experience with modern service-oriented and API architectures. You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and you’re ready to refine a strategy that includes building customer-facing Payments products, as well as creating the platforms, services, and APIs that will unlock opportunities across the business.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Lead the strategy, vision, and roadmap for our Payments team, ensuring alignment with the overall objectives of the broader Payments and PTU org, other product teams within the business, and wider organizational goals.
- Own the full product lifecycle and roadmap: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation, and validation.
- Partner with and lead cross-functional teams like Design, Engineering, Customer Success, Operations, Sales, etc.
- Build backend capabilities and end-to-end products with a clear point-of-view of what features should be embeddable vs. standalone vs. customer-facing
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product designers, fellow product managers, and other stakeholders to bring new products and features to our customers. Drive alignment on initiatives with stakeholders and keep them engaged and informed around progress.
- Channel empathy for our internal stakeholders to create better user experiences with an eye towards making workflows easier and more efficient
- Prioritize and champion the strategy and tactics for the Payments team - make sure the team and colleagues know what’s important, when we’re shipping, and why we’re saying yes or no to initiatives.
- Translate the business requirements into well-defined product requirements - breaking larger initiatives into smaller, achievable pieces to make iterative progress on all fronts.
- Define and measure OKRs that align with Justworks’ broader business objectives. Create metrics and goals around feature launches; measure success post-launch and iterating.
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency.
- Operate at different altitudes—from mapping data extraction, to high level business metrics and goals - and everything in between.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Product Manager, Payments, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking - discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with a strong track of delivering Payments products for internal/external customers. Expertise with fintech/payments technologies and money movement service providers.
- Technical acumen in modern service-oriented and API-driven architectures. Move fluidly between technical capabilities, partner needs, user experience, and the ability to go deep into the details.
- Proven self-starter with a bias for action, who can both execute and strategize, and who is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new complex, domains quickly
- Proven ability to identify opportunities, form compelling business cases, and gain stakeholder buy-in
- Product mindset and track record of managing a prioritized roadmap for internal and external customers.
- Excel at translating insights into clear takeaways & customer-centric recommendations.
- Ability to navigate business objectives and translate technical projects into business KPIs
- Experience proactively collaborating across different product, design and engineering teams.
- Experience with writing product requirements; building and prioritizing backlogs.
- Experience working using Agile Scrum methodology in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with varying deadlines and milestones.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical people in different formats.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for storytelling
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $165,000.00 to $181,500.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.