Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are focused on and committed to helping people. You treat others with care and empathy, and assume the best intentions in others. You love to break down complicated concepts into simple terms and solve problems. You are a smart, motivated self-starter looking to learn a lot and join a fast growing company with a top notch culture.
The Customer Support team at Justworks is in charge of leading all customer service inquiries, no matter how big or small. Our team represents all of Justworks, we take responsibility and ownership of our customer’s concerns, and we actively drive issues to resolution. We believe a positive team is the strongest unit, and we strive to make ourselves and each other better. We are the experts our customers rely on, and a crucial part of the overall Justworks service offering. In this role you will support our small business customers on a variety of inquiries related to our software, benefits, payroll, compliance, and other HR related matters. This is a fast-paced and challenging role, but also incredibly rewarding due to the positive impact we have on our customers, their employees, and their businesses.
Shift schedules available: 11am-8pm EST
Please note: If hired, you will be expected to attend in-office hybrid training [paid] from 9am-6pm EST Monday-Friday for approximately 4 weeks prior to moving over to your shift schedule.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Answer inbound inquiries from our small business customers via phone, email, and chat
- Provide expert-level support, guidance, and troubleshooting to customers around Justworks' continually expanding product and service offerings including our software, benefits, payroll, compliance, and HR
- Assist customers and their employees with administration, eligibility, and enrollment in benefits and perks including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, commuter benefits, Long and Short Term Disability insurance, retirement and COBRA
- Resolve customer inquiries related to administering payroll, making payments, time & attendance, running payroll reports, federal and state wage and hour laws, and general payroll policies, procedures, and regulations
- Maintain product expertise on our software and be the go-to resource for customers in need of training or best practices
- Manage open cases in our CRM to resolve inquiries in shortest possible time frame while keeping customers and their employees regularly informed of status and anticipated resolution timing
- Work with a sense of urgency to provide accurate information in a friendly, professional, and empathetic manner to create a white-glove customer experience
- Ensure proper triage, escalation, and effective resolution of higher-level issues and challenging customer interactions through escalation to Team Leads or subject matter experts
- Contribute recommendations for improving our product and processes while advocating for our customers and communicating bugs to engineering
- Build and maintain collaborative business relationships with cross-functional departments
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Customer Success Representative, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Must have high-speed, reliable internet connection with ability to hardwire via Ethernet* (Ethernet cable and adapter provided by Justworks)
- Must be available to work in Tampa
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a customer service role, preferably in a contact center environment
- Experience using customer support technologies such as Zendesk, Talkdesk, JIRA, and confluence a plus
- A passion for delighting customers and helping people
- Excellent customer support skills and comfort handling challenging situations over the phone to put customer minds at ease
- Empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful
- Strong written (chat, email) and verbal (telephone) communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new products and helping to break down complicated topics and explain them in simple terms people can understand
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem you face, and know to how to organize and prioritize your workload
- Proven self-starter, taking ownership and accountability over your work
- Experience in benefits, payroll, HR, or adjacent industries a plus
The base wage range for this position based in our Tampa Office is targeted at $22.32 to $24.55 per hour.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.