Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are an entrepreneurial and charismatic individual who isn’t afraid to get your hands dirty in a startup environment. You have a passion for solving problems and proactively providing insights that drive the success of the team. You use independent discretion, judgment and intimate business knowledge to make decisions . You are adaptable and constantly looking for a better way to get the job done .
This analyst will report into the Senior Manager, Data Analytics and Business Operations but will work closely with the Risk & Insurance teams. You will build and maintain the reporting systems, processes, and functional strategy that the team uses to better understand the business and gain speed, accuracy, and efficiency in our day-to-day processes. The ideal candidate for this position is a data expert with great communication skills.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Act as the subject matter expert (SME) for the software and systems the Risk & Insurance Program team uses.
- Organize, monitor, and analyze the team’s data for consistency, quality, and opportunities.
- Facilitate accurate, timely, and secure data exchange with our 3rd party vendors for reporting purposes.
- Develop, manage, and publish cross department key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of the Risk & Insurance team on Justworks.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Data Insights Analyst, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting/finance, investment banking, or consulting experience or similar field
- Strong MS Excel and SQL skills
- Impeccable organizational skills, with the ability to self-motivate and successfully work on multiple projects independently
- Experience leading projects is a plus
- Experience building dashboards in Tableau is a plus
- Experience with Jira and Salesforce is a plus
- Working knowledge of insurance products is a plus
Please Note: In accordance with New York City public health requirements, and because this position requires onsite work, this position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, Justworks will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.