Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are a growth-minded leader and have a passion for protecting customers from bad actors with modern technologies and tools available to you. You want to bring your technical and operational skills to help small business owners and entrepreneurs not worry about fraudulent activities and grow with confidence.
The Manager, Cybersecurity Operations will plan, direct and control the Security Operations Center functions and operations of Justworks. You will be responsible for ensuring the monitoring and analysis of incidents, timely escalation of the incident, and directing the Cyber Intelligence capability to identify potential threats, while delivering strategic reports and strategies to minimize the impact of the threat.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering and partner closely with senior leaders across the organization.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Leading and managing the Security Operations and team of security operations and development staff members to identify and respond to threats
- Primarily responsible for directing security event monitoring, management and response, and cyber intelligence
- Analyze, communicate, investigate, and report IT incidents; identify impact to the business
- Ensuring compliance to policy, process, and procedure adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Develop and evolve the SOC capabilities, with a particular focus on threat intelligence, vulnerability management, and threat hunting
- Act as the focal point for engagement between the SOC and business units, service providers (internal and external), and potential suppliers
- Execute and lead Information Security Crisis Management drills
- Revising and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations, and presentation to management
- Work closely with Audit to ensure compliance with Security Organization Control
What You'll Do
As a Manager, Cybersecurity Operations how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Interpersonal - You value (in-person) relationships and camaraderie and bring people from different roles and priorities together in organizing the work.
- Customer Centricity - You balance customer experience and customer risk and provide risk and exception-based decisions to combat the fight against fraud.
- Learning - You think strategically about scaling up a team, processes, and systems in an Agile fashion through a set of experimentations and learnings allowing the team to adapt.
- Domain Expert - You demonstrate strong experience in modern technologies to detect patterns of anti-fraud in the payment, fintech, and/or payroll industries.
- Communication - You can direct the dedicated analysts during the incident and manage stakeholder communication.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in system security
- Minimum of 2 years of experience directly managing people
- Experience building and / or managing a SOC, preferably on a large scale
- Experience managing a threat intelligence capability
- Experience managing a threat hunting capability
- Experience with information crisis management events / scenarios
- Experience With Security Capabilities, Technologies and Processes
- Leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of security professionals
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of security technologies and processes, including but not limited to Network Infrastructure, Data Protection, Endpoint Security, Application Security, Enterprise Logging, Incident Response and Forensics
- Relevant Security Certifications such as CISSP, GCIA, GCIH are nice to have, but not required
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.