Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
The Engineering Recruiting Manager will be responsible for leading our engineering recruiting efforts in continuing to rapidly grow our engineering organization here at Justworks. You will partner closely with the engineering leadership and the Director, Recruiting on all engineering-related recruiting initiatives and activities.
You will have high growth experience developing and implementing recruiting strategies that will help Justworks attract and hire the best engineering talent that NY has to offer. You will have a pulse on the engineering talent market and are already on your way to becoming an “NYC Engineering Talent Guru”!
You understand the value but also reporting on recruiting data/metrics and embrace the practice. You are committed to providing a best-in-class candidate experience and building a world-class in-house tech recruiting team that will attract the best and most diverse talent in the market. This position will also carry responsibility for recruiting against reqs.
Your Success Profile
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Manager, Recruiting, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive, and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Initiative and motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Functional expertise - subject matter expertise of specific function(s), including knowledge of principles, practices, and domain knowledge.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual, and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
What you'll do
- Drive innovative and scalable solutions to drive our diverse hiring goals and objectives
- Provide creative engagement strategies and ensure a high-touch candidate experience
- Partner closely with the engineering leadership to implement and drive all engineering recruiting activities
- Build and manage a best in class tech recruiting team
- Develop collaborative relationships with hiring managers to understand hiring goals and develop recruiting strategies to effectively meet them
- Identify trends and data, leverage knowledge and competitive intelligence to develop creative, diverse, sourcing strategies
- Aggregate, analyze and report insights from data to support sound business decisions
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and career development to other members of the recruiting team
- Lead by example through following, setting, or sharing recruiting best practices
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment, with full-cycle technical recruiting experience.
- Must have demonstrable experience with diversity & inclusion recruiting best practices, including sourcing and closing diverse candidates at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal, and networking skills at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence, negotiate, and be able to build confidence and trust in leading the recruitment process.
- Previous experience working in a start-up or high growth company
- Strong track record of scaling companies and engineering teams
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.