Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You pride yourself on analytical prowess and numeric fluency. You’re confident in your ability to own financial decisions informed by your data-gathering skills. You’re eager to immerse yourself in the nitty gritty details of a rapidly growing organization.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, Business Partner, you will be responsible for developing and leveraging stakeholder relationships to improve departments’ understanding of business performance and deliver analysis and insights on business opportunities. In this role, you will be tasked with learning and knowing the business and Finance function, inside and out - which will not only instil greater trust and confidence in you from your colleagues, but will also strengthen our collective business and financial acumen and enable us to improve the performance of the business together.
You will have the opportunity to influence decision-making, helping the business to make better informed decisions that align spend to business strategic priorities and connect strategy with execution; and you will play an integral role in building Justworks’ annual budget and work with analysts to perform budget vs. actual analyses on a regular basis. actual analyses on a regular basis.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Serve as a thought partner and trusted business advisor - owning relationships with key stakeholders and consulting with business leaders to understand their business environment and act as a sounding board for proposed projects and initiatives
- Actively participate in strategy meetings with management to understand the direction setting of the company and within the business functions you’ll support
- Develop financial strategies and drive analytics; promote strategic business-decision making through driving insights and recommending actions to accelerate the business
- Partner with and provide end-to-end financial support to internal business partners throughout Justworks; manage annual budgets, periodic forecasts, and business development plans for business areas
- Develop and enhance key KPIs for the business areas; design and create dashboards to help monitor/identify key business trends and improve the impact and understanding of financial reporting on business performance
- Track, analyze, and communicate the business health and performance and deliver insights that link financial reports to business strategies
- Collaborate with the Corporate Finance team and share best practices; mentor junior team members
- Support the monthly accounting close process with detailed monthly financial analyses
- Provide financial modeling and analysis for various ad-hoc financial projects
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Financial Analyst, Business Partner how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Organizational awareness - maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in Corporate Finance, FP&A, Finance & Strategy, Operations; SaaS company experience and/or previous experience as a Finance Business Partner preferred
- Proven experience developing partnerships with business leaders and demonstrated ability to influence and consult with employees at all levels
- Strong financial modeling and Excel skills; experience with Adaptive Insights is ideal (FP&A software)
- Ability to quickly grasp finance and operations practices and business drivers
- Operational thinker, with a knack for solving problems and building solutions
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast paced entrepreneurial environment and effectively adapt to changes
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.