Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are a growth-minded leader who cares about customer experience (engineers, internal end-users) as much as you care about reliability, scalability, and security of the infrastructure. You are not only a builder and maintainer but also a creator to bring a new way of achieving efficiencies.
Justworks is growing fast and we would love to have an experienced Infrastructure leader like you to join us and create a robust, secure, reliable, and scalable infrastructure for multiple product lines and rock-solid corporate infrastructure that engineers and end-users love to work with.
You will have an opportunity to define a platform where we deliver products our customers love, how we create scalable architecture and how we build teams who will make everything happen for ages to come.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering and partner closely with senior Product & Engineering leaders so we can deliver products continuously, and will also work closely with business teams such as Business Operations, Customer Success, Finance, Audit and Legal to ensure we create a robust infrastructure and clear process to provide support for corporate infrastructure and technologies.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- You will oversee infrastructure design, delivery, operations, and support of multiple product platforms that can scale, is secure, and is reliable.
- You will oversee infrastructure design, delivery, operations, and support of the corporate infrastructure, end-user technologies, corporate IT operations, and SasS platforms.
- You will be responsible for continuous security, compliance, and audit improvements working closely with the cyber-security team.
- You will lead and grow teams of dedicated cloud-focused DevOps engineers and IT support engineers.
- You will work with the Technical Program Management team within the engineering organization, reporting to the VP of Engineering.
- You will collaborate with various functions in multiple business units across our fast-growing technology organization and help us deliver amazing customer experiences.
- You will demonstrate Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless pursuit of continuous improvement both individually and organizationally.
- You will be organizing product and platform features, tech debt, and bugs and help teams establish the rhythm in delivering great software.
- You will establish and facilitate Product Engineering wide planning and collaboration activities (i.e scrum of scrums) through a set of standardized tools and workflows.
- You will be constantly identifying and communicating the progress, conflicts, blockers, risks, and cross-team dependencies to stakeholders.
- You will foster the continuous celebration of successes and learnings from the past.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Director of Infrastructure, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 10 or more years of experience in infrastructure & operation management
- Strong background and experience in network design, system design, and end-user support processes.
- You have experience building and managing a team of world-class infrastructure, DevOps, database reliability, network and IT support engineers.
- You have experience in working in Agile and Continuous Delivery environments.
- You have experience in developing compliance and regulatory environment.
- You are comfortable working in the public cloud and Unix environment.
- You have experience in vendor management and budget management.
- You are comfortable with experimentation and innovation.
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.