Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
The sales team at Justworks is in charge of expanding our user-base and really growing the business. As a Sales Development Associate, you are someone who is enthusiastic about learning the fundamentals of sales, finding qualified prospects and helping line up big-ticket accounts with a huge opportunity for growth into an Account Executive role.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Leverage outbound lead campaigns including cold calling, email, and social media to qualify potential B2B sales prospects.
- Use Salesforce and other sales tools, build prospect lists, craft outbound messaging, and sharing results with the larger sales team.
- Help break into new Justworks expansion markets.
- Initiate sales conversations with key decision makers at target companies.
- Develop a strong demo pipeline for Account Executives via phone and email communications.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Justworks platform, industry trends, and competition.
- Have a great time in a hard-working yet casual environment!
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Sales Development Associate, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Foundational sales knowledge - the specific set of sales skills (prospecting, cold calling, nurturing, engaging, presenting, negotiating, closing etc) and knowledge (product, markets, trends, business etc) a salesperson possesses to enact the exchange of value between a buyer and the vendor.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience and/or internships
- Experience in some type of lead generation capacity and proficiency in Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Self-motivated and can hit the ground running in prospecting, managing, and qualifying prospects
- Love to develop and foster relationships and enjoy interpersonal interactions
- Communicate clearly and concisely, especially when it comes to complicated topics. You can break it down into simple terms people can understand
- Excited to build a long-term sales career
- You’re an overachiever. You never quit, never take no for an answer, and ultimately succeed in everything you do!
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.