Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks’ Payroll Operations team plays an integral role in supporting our customers with payroll adjustments and a smooth year-end. As a Senior Analyst on the team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally on high-impact projects. You’ll be relied upon for your payroll processing knowledge as a subject matter expert and mentor for more junior members of the team. You should also be comfortable working during high-volume seasons while being a resource to the payroll operations team.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the Justworks payroll platform and educate team members
- Support complex payroll related decisions by utilizing all available data points, including your best judgment
- Own and maintain internal resources center regarding for policies and procedures, ensuring information is kept up-to-date
- Take the lead on responding to complex questions and requests from various teams at Justworks (including Customer Success), helping build stronger internal stakeholder relationships
- Assist with adherence to and implementation of process changes alongside the Manager, Payroll Operations
- Can serve as backup for manager for team support and in meetings
- Serve as a resource to other team members for questions, concerns, and escalations
- Lead or assist in other special projects as assigned
- Incident handling and responding - first point of contact for payroll tax related issues
- Keep team confluence pages up to date, and communicate with CS coaching to ensure any CS facing pages are accurate with the most up to date data
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll tax changes and rules
- Training other team members on process changes and updates, lead training for new hires
- Lead special projects such as W-2 Audits
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Payroll Operations Analyst, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Systems thinking - the ability to look at overall systems holistically and understand how things work within the system through the exploration of interdependencies and inter-relationships (context and connections).
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in payroll, preferably in PEO or Payroll Service Provider
- Familiarity with business process management activities (process mapping, improvement, implementation, etc.)
- Familiar with Excel and basic SQL
- FPC or CPP preferred
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively on one’s own
- Be comfortable presenting and hosting meetings for trainings, with demonstrated leadership skills
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.