Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You’ve got an eye for numbers and continuity. You know how to evaluate processes for accuracy and strive to maintain an effective payments system. Your presence fosters ease and flow within your organization’s financial realm.
As a Payments Operations Analyst, you will serve as a resource for daily payroll processing, resolve payments-related issues, and manage instances of non-sufficient funds. You’ll make and support decisions with large financial and risk implications. In addition, you’ll work with Engineering and other departments to improve our systems and processes to make payments processing on Justworks as seamless as possible.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Perform day-to-day core operational tasks for the payments team including managing funds transfers and reviewing customer information
- Monitor daily payments processing by triaging and resolving incoming payroll related issues
- Facilitate the non-sufficient funds process from start to finish, ensuring that each instance is handled timely and according to established standard operating procedures
- Utilize all available data and resources to make and support complex payments-related decisions
- Triage and resolve incoming payments-related questions from various teams at Justworks, including Customer Success and Finance
- Conduct end of month reconciliation processes with the Accounting team
- Maintain internal Payments Operations resources, policies, and procedures, ensuring their relevance and accuracy
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Payments Operations Analyst, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Systems thinking - the ability to look at overall systems holistically and understand how things work within the system through the exploration of inter-dependencies and inter-relationships (context and connections).
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience
- Familiar working with ACH processing in a payroll and/or financial services environment
- Proficient with Standard Query Language (SQL) and/or Excel (preferred)
- Comfortable making and supporting risk-based decisions on high-impact financial transactions
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Quick to learn new products and subject matter
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Effective at working in a team setting as well as independently
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.