Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You’re the go-to person for all things compliance. You understand the importance of staying up-to-date in all avenues of a business. You’re able to multitask and meet deadlines, and are ready to leverage your knowledge in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
As a Senior Compliance Program Manager, you will be responsible for providing project management for Justworks’ Legal program—including support for select projects, communicating action items, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and scheduling related meetings. You will report to the Director, Legal and will maintain communications with people in different levels of the organization as you formalize processes and improve the compliance program.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Work with EPLI broker and carrier to coordinate EPLI claims and opt-out processes, and related process enhancements
- Review/coordinate settlement of accounts payable for Legal department
- Prepare and enhance compliance standard operating procedures
- Assist with processing subpoenas and other information requests
- Assist with visa sponsorship cases for internal employees
- Manage targeted, risk-based compliance monitoring initiatives
- Track compliance program effectiveness, progress and related metrics, and drive awareness
- Assist with compliance review of Justworks' marketing content and other communications
- Work closely with in-house counsel, Security team and internal stakeholders on Justworks’ third-party vendor management program - including intake/screening, contract management, monitoring, and program enhancement
- Help improve legal team processes, drive compliance program awareness and handle other related responsibilities
- Perform other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Compliance Program Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Risk assessment - applying a logical step-by-step process to protect, and consequently minimize risks to, the organization, interests and employees.
- Manages complexity - making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of compliance and/or legal experience (preferably in a highly regulated industry)
- Compliance certification (e.g., CCEP) and/or Six Sigma training preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and analytical skills
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.