Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Are you a motivated self-starter with great attention to detail? Do you enjoy working across teams to help create an amazing customer experience? Are you looking to break into the startup world with a company that has a proven track record of success? This role could be for you. Justworks is looking for an Operations Analyst, Health to join our Benefits team.
Justworks offers access to a wide range of benefits from Medical, Dental and Vision insurance to 401(k) and various perks. In this position, you’ll own the day-to-day success of a number of different Benefit programs at Justworks, work with our Product and Engineering teams to improve existing systems, and help implement new Benefit offerings.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Execute day-to-day operations for Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA & COBRA products as part of Justworks Insurance Operations team.
- Take on advanced functions around health benefit operations and compliance.
- Partner with third party vendors to resolve escalated issues - enrollment errors, plan coding issues, payroll file failures while remaining HIPAA compliant.
- Work independently with minimum oversight and an ability to monitor trends, identify pain points, and remediate issues.
- Lead on process improvements to resolve long-term issues that impact workflow.
- Create and maintain operational tools with cross functional teams.
- Support internal teams with expert knowledge.
- Assist in coaching and training new employees.
- Maintains accurate process documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure clear and timely communication with leadership and/or appropriate internal stakeholders
Nice to Have:
- Subject matter expert who manages internal and external tools. Including in-depth knowledge of team processes.
- Experience with Confluence and JIRA
How You Will Do Your Work
As an Operations Analyst, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
- Minimum 3+ years in an Operations role required
- Knowledge of Employer Sponsored Benefit Plans a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with great time management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Strong project management and execution skills
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.