Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
You see the bigger picture, but aren’t afraid to roll your sleeves up and get things done. You are a leader and generalist who is comfortable with multiple aspects of a business, including finance, operations, and strategy. You are comfortable working with little to no oversight, and working cross-functionally to drive initiatives. You can paint a high resolution picture about what we want to accomplish over the coming years, and can shape the plan that gets us there.
You are eager to partner with the senior leadership team, and are a go-to contact for members of the board, and investment community. There is no project that you can’t handle, no matter how big or small.
If this sounds like you, there is an opportunity for you to join Justworks as a Director of Business Strategy & Planning and help drive our core business into the next phase of our growth.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Lead the Business Strategy function, with a focus on growing our core business
- Own the strategic planning process and act as a trusted advisor to the business’s executive leadership and relevant stakeholders during strategy formulation, development, and execution
- Serve as the internal consulting function that directly supports the CEO, and COO
- Lead cross-functional teams, via a dotted line relationship, from across the organization to initiate, plan, and execute strategic initiatives to successful completion
- Drive new growth initiatives that capitalize on the business's competitive position, diversify our revenue stream, and align with our long-term vision
- Continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats
- Formulate our market expansion strategies, and partner with key stakeholders to execute
- Identify and actively monitor key drivers of revenues and expenses; including KPIs to measure and evaluate company performance
- Directly support any inorganic growth initiatives, including mergers, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships
- Participate in conferences, dinners, and events to communicate the company’s strategy to the market
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Director of Business Strategy, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Business Insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Strategic Mindset - anticipates future trends and implications accurately; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
- Plans and Aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Initiative and Motivation - identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Influence and Leadership - Fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 7 years experience working in management consulting, investment banking, strategic planning, and/or within an internal strategy & corporate development team
- You have worked alongside senior leadership, and are comfortable with having direct conversations and sharing your perspective
- Having previous experience managing a high performing team preferred
- You have experience with bringing strategy to life, and operationalizing it
- You have experience in managing complicated cross functional initiatives with little to no oversight
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for data-driven storytelling
- You are highly collaborative and can pivot your approach to get to the best collective outcome
- You are a generalist who can quickly shift mindsets to support and lead any aspect of the business
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.