Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You’re hard working, enthusiastic, and have a passion for teaching and coaching. Training and Coaching others comes naturally to you. You understand the importance of creating an environment of learning and development because you are a lifelong learner.
As a Senior Sales Trainer, you’ll help train, coach, develop and support our Justworkers in sales at all levels. You’ll work closely with managers, the sales team, and individuals across the company in coordinating updates to current training programs and assist in determining a successful roadmap for the future. You will continually iterate and pivot your process to help us become a world class sales training team and PEO organization that ensures our sales team are consistently learning, developing and achieving strong results.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Work with Sales and other departments to identify training needs and manage the creation and execution of new training programs across Justworks
- Assist in designing sales training programs based on best in class learning principles through a variety of methods including remote and face to face instructor led training
- Assists management in developing sales training programs and plans including company sales training manual and materials
- Work closely with sales management to identify performance gaps and provide effective training solutions to ensure trainees are progressing and ramping according to plan
- Support the execution, maintenance, and on-going improvement of new hire on-boarding and training programs
- Solicit feedback from participants and implement improvements in accordance with feedback from key stakeholders and other partners
- In partnership with subject matter experts develop content to continually enhance and update product training across Justworks
- Training and onboarding of incoming new sales hires and tenured reps
- Conduct skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement
- Take the lead in mapping out training plans for our Business Development and Self-Service teams
- Coach, mentor and develop salespeople at all levels and assist in building a culture of learning and development for sales representatives
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Sales Trainer, how results are achieved is paramount to your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - The exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Detail-oriented - Exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Foundational sales knowledge: The specific set of sales skills (prospecting, cold calling, nurturing, engaging, presenting, negotiating, closing etc) and knowledge (product, markets, trends, business etc) a salesperson possesses to enact the exchange of value between a buyer and the vendor.
- Results-driven: Consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Clear communication: The ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Minimum of 3 years in sales management and/or direct sales of a complex solution, preferably in the tech space
- Minimum of 3 years experience facilitating and creating training materials
- Well versed using technology such as Microsoft Office and G Suite; familiarity with a Learning Management System (LMS) is a plus
- Excellent written communication, organizational and presentation skills are essential
- Experience in change management
- Strong sales and business acumen is a must
- Energetic, creative and passionate about sales and training
- A desire to constantly improve oneself through learning and professional development
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback as needed
- Proficient and comfortable with virtual facilitation
- Strong analytical, process driven and results oriented skills with proven track record of high performance
- You enjoy high growth, fast-paced work environments where change is frequent
- Leadership, coaching and development of others comes naturally to you
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.