Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Manager for our Payments & Tax team. Our mission is to help small businesses take care of their teams by providing best-in-class payments delivery. The Senior Product Manager will lead their team to scale our product and innovate, as well as mentor other product managers.
- You are a creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r).
- You maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity.
- You do what it takes to get the job done and motivate a team.
What you'll do
- Define a product strategy and roadmap with your team and stakeholders
- Gather insights - including from customer research, business intelligence, product analytics, stakeholder feedback, and external market data
- Continuously prioritize the needs of customers and internal stakeholders using evidence-based decision-making, reassessing as needed
- Set measurable goals that guide your team’s execution approach
- Partner with engineering to create a cross-functional and collaborative development process
- Collaborate with functions across the business, including Operations, Payment Experience, Customer Success, and Sales
- Communicate product priorities transparently across the company, seeking feedback often
- Inspire and support your team to drive meaningful results for the business
- Be able to say “No,” but back it up with reasoning
- Create specifications and testing plans, identify and mitigate potential risks, holding our work to high quality standards
- Minimum of 5 years of software product management experience in the payments space, with demonstrated wins
- Ability to learn the Justworks Payments and Tax domain quickly
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for storytelling
- Experience with agile development processes
- SQL knowledge required
- You have a technical background
- You have an understanding of SaaS SMB products
- You have experience in the payroll or tax space
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.