Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You’re the go-to person for identifying customer needs. You understand the business objectives that a product should fulfill, and are determined to craft your creations accordingly. You’re eager to contribute your visions and strategies to a creative, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
As a Product Manager, you will be working collaboratively with Design and Engineering to deliver product/features in line with Justworks’ internal and external business needs. You will be responsible for defining product goals for a portion of our people management tools, which include PTO tracking, core HRIS functionality, people reporting, and third party integrations to support SMBs across the US.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders and available data - including Voice of Customer data, external market data, and existing Justworks data
- Help to define a product vision and strategy with stakeholders and direct working team
- Partner with engineering, design, and product marketing to create a cross functional and collaborative development process specific to your domain
- Communicate product priorities across the company, using evidence-based decision making
- Create metrics and goals around feature launches, measuring success post-launch and iterating
- Continuously prioritize needs of customers and internal stakeholders, and reassess as needed
- Communicate reassessments as needed
- Be a passionate believer in the Justworks product and evangelize it internally and externally
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- Be able to say “No,” but back it up with reasoning
- Be transparent in your roadmap and prioritization
- Do what it takes to get the job done and motivate a team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Product Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 3 years of software product management or product development experience, with demonstrated wins
- Able to learn the Justworks domains quickly (benefits, payments, health insurance, HR, etc)
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills
- SQL knowledge
- Technical background a plus
- Understanding of SaaS SMB products
- Experience in the human resources space
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.