Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is seeking an experienced Agile leader to scale up our Agile operation across Technology and help us grow and scale our product development. The person will establish best practices across the teams, train the teams, develop repeatable and consistent workflow for teams to adopt, and lead the delivery of projects through coaching, cross-functional planning, and regular communications.
This person employs servant leadership to embrace and support Agile practices in the planning and execution of software delivery and provides mentoring, coaching, and facilitation across several teams.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering and work closely with Product & Engineering leaders and teams to help the team gain predictability, productivity, and maturity in how we deliver software to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- CSM, CPSO, CSD, SAFe certification would be plus. CPSO would be regarded and valued highly.
Who You Are
- You possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- You prioritize customer satisfaction over tools & process through iterative and incremental delivery of value.
- You prioritize learning and embrace thoughtful changes.
- You embrace continuous delivery as a foundation of excellent software delivery.
- You value (in-person) relationships and camaraderie and you bring people from different roles and priorities together in organizing the work.
- You embrace servant leadership philosophy and supporting autonomous and self-organizing teams around motivated individuals.
- You use data effectively to help the organization learn and improve, using working software as the primary measure of success.
- You promote sustainability of the process.
- You value attention to technical excellence and good design to enhance agility.
- You love coaching how to learn the principles of agile and bring the elements of Agile thoughtfully.
- You think strategically about scaling up the Agile through a set of experimentations and learnings and help the teams adoption.
- You have experience in project managing software development using Agile.
- You have experience in building and leading a team of scrum masters/Agile based software project managers.
- You are comfortable presenting to stakeholders regularly.
What You'll Do
- You will establish and lead a Technical Program Management team within the engineering organization, reporting to the VP of Engineering.
- You will collaborate with various functions in multiple business units across our fast-growing technology organization and help us deliver amazing customer experiences on a quarterly and annual basis.
- You will communicate with Program and Project Managers from other departments on cross-departmental projects.
- You demonstrated Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless pursuit of continuous improvement both individually and organizationally.
- You will be organizing product and platform features, tech debt, and bugs and help teams establish the rhythm in delivering great software.
- You will continuously assess our Agile maturity level and elevate our Agile adoption to the next level, with the ultimate goal of delivering great software to our customers quickly, often and safely.
- You will promote, coach, train and educate Scrum Masters, trains, teams, and those surrounding the teams on the principles, practices, and value of Agile.
- You will establish and facilitate Product Engineering wide planning and collaboration activities (i.e scrum of scrums) through a set of standardized tools and workflows.
- You will be constantly identifying and communicating the progress, conflicts, blockers, risks, and cross-team dependencies to stakeholders.
- You will make decisions independently to reprioritize and manage workload, enhance Agile practices and create Agile delivery presentations.
- You will foster trust and collaboration across the train; make it safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- You will foster continuous collaboration and improvements across all functions supporting Agile team execution.
- Celebrate successes and learn from the past
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.