Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. As a successful candidate, you are self-driven and like to work with others to remove roadblocks. You are curious, and love to explore and learn new technologies. You have demonstrated the ability to build, deploy and maintain large-scale, complex applications. You have worked with customer-facing applications and know how to separate data and functionality as necessary. You design with security and performance in mind. You understand and use automated testing as a productivity multiplier.
Experience with Ruby on Rails is strongly preferred, but if you’re energized by everything you’re reading here, we’d love to talk.
What You'll Do
The Growth team’s mission is to identify areas of opportunity within other business units at Justworks, and deliver technology that unlocks value-adds for those teams. For example, we recently built an integration between our proprietary user data system and a mission-critical tool our Customer Success team uses, in order to allow that team to execute on their own objectives more efficiently. Joining our team as a Senior Software Engineer, you will apply your experience with technology to creatively push the boundaries of what’s possible for our internal teams, elevating Justworks’ technological foundation.
In your first 3 months, you will
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers on a daily basis
- Play a key role in impactful and visible efforts to scale our technology and capitalize on business opportunities
- Evangelize software development best practices to ensure the sustainability of our technology, and motivate other engineers to do the same
- Multiply the impact of engineers on your team through mentorship and empowerment
- Ship products and features that generate immediate value and feedback -- then iterate on them
- Minimum of 5 years of professional hands-on experience
- You have experience with data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design, and have used them to solve real-world problems
- You collaborate across engineering and product teams when you see opportunities for mutual benefit
- You face complexity with eagerness and confidence
- You thrive working with a team of diverse backgrounds and identities and you seek to bring out the best in your teammates
- You have experience working with service-oriented architectures
- Experience in Ruby on Rails (preferred)
- Experience in React (preferred)
Technologies We Use
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.