Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking an experienced API engineer to join our mobile team. As a successful candidate, you are self-driven and like to work with others to remove roadblocks. You are curious, and love to explore and learn new technologies. You have demonstrated the ability to build, deploy and maintain large-scale, complex applications. You have worked with customer-facing applications and know how to separate data and functionality as necessary. You design with security and performance in mind. You understand and use automated testing as a productivity multiplier.
As an API engineer, you will help to enhance and expand our GraphQL APIs for both our mobile and web applications. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, interested in building something meaningful, learning new technologies, and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with designers, product manager and frontend engineers to design and develop APIs that are exposed via our Mobile applications
- Communicate and coordinate with other product engineering teams and stakeholders to scope, prioritize and execute projects
- Help define and communicate technical standards and best practices for GraphQL in Justworks
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
- Mentor and support fellow engineers
- Minimum of 3 years of professional hands-on experience building customer-facing applications
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills, with solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with relational databases is a plus
Technologies We Use
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, CircleCI, DataDog
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.