Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
The Payments Operations team is responsible for ensuring Justworks daily ACH payments processing is handled timely and accurately on behalf of thousands of small businesses. As a senior manager on this team, you will need to be comfortable with being accountable for high-volume ACH transactions. You approach challenges with a problem-solving mindset, are operationally minded, and an effective people manager. passionate about building efficient and robust payments processes.
This role is part of the Payments & Tax Unit, a multifunctional unit that includes systems development and operations, business operations, vendor management, tax agency relations, and internal support.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Manage, train and develop the operations team dedicated to daily payments processing
- Handle general management responsibilities such as conducting 1:1s, leading regular team meetings, generating weekly metrics reports
- Identify pain points and remediate issues by creating processes and maintaining operational tools
- Establish and ensure adherence to policies, standard operating procedures, and controls alongside the accounting and internal audit functions
- Assist with ensuring resiliency of our processing function including elimination of single points of failure and troubleshooting payments issues
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
How You Will Do Your Work
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 6 years proven experience in operations (experience working in a payroll, payments, or financial services company preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of direct people management experience
- Operational knowledge of high volume ACH payments processing, reverse wire, and real-time payments
- Familiar with risk management, fraud mitigation, and collections
- Familiar with SQL and Tableau
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.