Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
Justworks is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our world-class team. In this role, you will provide support to our Financial Planning & Analysis team. You will focus on maintaining our financial model, budget, and cash forecast while consolidating financial information and serving as a cross-department resource. You will also participate in various ad hoc projects including, but not limited to, Justworks’ strategic growth initiatives and capital considerations.
As the successful candidate, you have demonstrated analytical prowess, numeric fluency, a comprehensive command of Excel and other analytic tools, and the ability to communicate effectively with many stakeholders.
You will be deeply engaged in all matters of a rapidly growing organization while functioning as a key player in Justworks’ finance team.
What you'll do
- Maintain the strategic financial plan (including cash flow forecasts) and business model
- Create analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Board and leadership meetings
- Assist with initiatives to analyze, support, and present the underlying economics of sales & marketing initiatives
- Support capital raises and other processes impacting the Company’s balance sheet and capitalization.
- Assist in management reporting, including KPIs, dashboards, business trends and performance vs. plan. Work closely with other functional leaders to build processes to track and process critical information in order to do so.
- Analyze financial planning tools and processes; make recommendations for improvement
- Serve as a financial resource to internal business partners throughout the Company
- Support the monthly accounting close process with detailed monthly financial analyses
- Provide financial modeling and analysis for various ad-hoc financial projects
- Act as a sounding board for proposed projects and initiatives. Help other leaders improve their financial literacy and understanding of key business drivers.
- Proactively raise your hand when financial issues or risks appear
- Minimum 2 years of investment banking, private equity or consulting experience
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Ability to quickly grasp finance and operations practices and business drivers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and often
- Impeccable organizational skills, with the ability to self-motivate and successfully work on multiple projects
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing environment
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.