Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who you are
You are detail oriented and able to work independently. You will own and embrace improvement and proactively identify opportunities for automation while also keeping an eye on risk and compliance. As the Senior Accountant, you will be expected to ensure daily accounting controls are being followed and to manage our close on a monthly and annual basis. There will also be some deep dive into the general ledger to identify issues and working cross functionally to provide solutions.
What you’ll do
- Manage the monthly and annual financial close, including account reconciliations, entering journal entries, and maintaining accurate records and files
- Assist Accounting Manager with designing and implementing new control procedures related to month-end close and other general accounting activities
- Assist Accounting Manager and Financial Reporting team with implementation of new accounting standards
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting and will investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Schedule monthly commission and bonus payments, along with other payments as requested
- Review monthly co-employment invoices from benefit providers for accuracy and completeness prior to scheduling payment
- Recording cash movement transactions from financial institutions
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Supporting external auditors as necessary
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of public accounting experience -- Big 4 preferred. CPA or on track
- Proficient in using MS Office suite. Netsuite and SQL experience a plus
- Have a fundamental understanding of a full month-end close process
- Detail oriented, Intelligent; Inquisitive
- Exhibits accountability and ownership
- Able to work without supervision and meet tight deadlines
- Interest in learning new processes and implementing the latest technology in a fast paced, data driven environment
Visa sponsorship is not eligible for this position at this time
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.