Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Engineering Managers at Justworks manage a team of Software Engineers. The Engineering Managers within Payments and Tax Unit (PTU) work closely with Product Managers and Operations team members to make complex problems simple, scale systems to handle a growing user base, and automate manual tasks. As the team whose mission is to process payments and payroll taxes accurately and on time, PTU is responsible for mission critical operations that are crucial to Justworks.
What You'll Do
- Work with Engineers, Product Managers, Operations team members, and other stakeholders to scope, prioritize and execute projects so we can improve and scale our systems.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams in and out of engineering to understand the requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide guidance and support growth in your direct reports.
- Help plan for the future of your team, it’s products and its people.
- Help recruit, interview, and hire for the entire engineering team.
- Minimum of 5 years managing productive engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience in prioritizing, crafting, and executing plans.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- High levels of empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of core web development technologies from the browser to the database
- Experience with distributed systems, and architecting scalable systems.
- A desire to help develop a product with a positive impact.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.