Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Boomr, a Justworks subsidiary, is seeking an experienced mobile engineer to join our team. As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated the ability to build, deploy and maintain large-scale, complex applications. You have worked with customer-facing applications and know how to separate data and functionality as necessary. You understand and use automated testing as a productivity multiplier.
Boomr is trusted by businesses across the country to manage their most valuable asset: employee time. Our mobile and web solutions enable workforces around the globe to operate with greater accountability and efficiency by monitoring and automating employee work hours, project tracking, and overall organizational performance. You will work closely with other engineers to scope, design, and build new features and functionality in this area.
We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, interested in building something meaningful, learning new technologies, and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Scope work and coordinate efforts with other engineers on the team
- Build features and functionality that our customers use directly, typically in an iterative fashion taking into account user feedback
- Ensure continuous compatibility between Android and iOS platforms
- Help define and communicate technical standards and best practices for mobile development
- Minimum of 3 years of professional hands-on experience building customer-facing applications
- Experience with React (React Native is a plus)
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience building an iOS or Android app is a plus
- Experience with Firebase or GraphQL is a plus
Technologies We Use
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios, Firebase
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.